Monday, February 12, 2018

I lived with a smiling golden angel called Gold(Thangam) writes Meera

I lived with a smiling golden angel called Gold(Thangam) writes Meera
By
P.R.Ramachander



(This is based on a very striking sketch of her Patti by my daughter Meera . It was simply great but I wanted to rewrite it in my own fashion , as if she has written it and so I borrowed words and ideas from her write up and wrote .Thanks my daughter)
Meera wrote:-
Some one asked me one day ,
Do you believe in angels “
I smiled and told her , “ofcourse,
I have lived with one angel in my life.
That angel had white hair and wrinkled face ,
She walked slowly , I have never seen her flying,
Her laugh was gentle with a twinkling of her eyes,
She could not give boons but she fulfilled all my little wishes.
She was my grand ma , my mother’s mother and ,
That angel believed women should walk one step ,
Behind her man and she being brought up in confines,
Of her cosy nook, believed that he knew and she did not
Almost all her life , she was not without him ,
Like a shadow she followed her great man,
But she indeed had her little wants , which,
Were more to give to each and every one she loved.
She wanted to give and please do not think ,
It was in millions , it could be a knick knack,
It could be great dish she cooked , in which,
The recipe was her sweet attention and sweet self.
That angel was partial to all her children,
Her children’s children and children of all hues.
She would talk with them with her own lisping smile ,
And they would cuddle her , as both of them were pure angels.
Her ability to accept anything and any body was a miracle ,
And her open smile was the magic wand she used to wave,
And in my small little life , I have never seen anyone ,
Who did not like her or like her magic wand-her smile.
I do not know whether angels use scent but my angel,
Even without using any scent was filled with a sweet smell,
The sweet smell of LIril soap which she always used,
And I wonder why , whatever soap I use , I am never like her.
Whenever I am out of moods , I think of her ,
Who perhaps was never , never out of moods ,
Never without her trademark glowing smile ,
And never without her affectionate glance which was an ocean of love.
Possibly God had lent that angel to all of us ,
And feeling bored one day , recalled her back to heaven,
But no god can take away her affection , her care ,
Her smile and her spirit which are all there with us for ever .

No comments: