Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The impoosible liar –her Lord Krishna

The  impoosible  liar –her Lord Krishna
 
Rewritten  by
P.R.Ramachander


 
(I saw   the original  of this write up in Tamil   as posted by  Dr.Saroja  Ramanujam (ஏலாப்பொய்கள் உரைப்பான்) .  I was   simply   attracted    and   wanted it to  reach others who know   only english  .But  the grandeur of  her writing   simply could not be translated  . So I   modified it in my own way    and rewrote it  .It is not as great as the tamil   article that  I read  but I am sure  will make you yearn  for reading it in original  I hope  Madam Ramanujam    would translate  it   , so that  you can understand   the real great write up)
 
 
Lord  Krishna one day   came   to a pretty garden,
Where  he saw a little  girl   writing   a poem  about  him,
In  all seriousness  , She   was writing   with her  eyes  closed,
“He used to tell  impossible    lies, that lord   who was  ,
The incarnation   of   the   great  Lord Vishnu  “
 
Lord Krishna patted   her   with his  sweet flute ,
And asked  her“When have  I ever   told a lie , little girl?”
That girl started   shouting and jumping  in glee ,
“This  itself is a lie  , had you not   stolen butter ,
And had   you not told  your mother , that  you did not?”
 
That  one with a mischievous   smile   told   her  ,
“Oh little  girl,   this entire    world   is mine,
How can me  taking  my own thing   be  a theft?”
Then she asked, “ when you were  stealing butter,
Did you not tell   the Gopi   that  you were searching for a calf?”
 
With his   eyes gleaming   with   untruth  and  fun,
He told  “ Do you know lying on a banyan leaf  ,
And floating on the   waters   of the deluge  ,
I kept   the entire  world  in my belly,
And is it  difficult  for me to keep a  calf in a pot?”
 
He saw that she   was frowning at him  and asked,
“Did you not eat mud and tell a  lie   to your mother?”
And the cherub asked, “Did my mother  see mud in my mouth?’
I thought  she saw  the universe  in my mouth.”
That girl said , “Then why did the saint Leelasukha  say,
That she saw  butter,  milk    and curd   in your mouth.”
 
Krishna laughed   out loud  and said, “Was he not a poet,
With licence  to exaggerate,   to him Kailsa   was butter ,
Planet earth was mud and  ocean of milk was milk.”
She  feigned   anger at him   and told   him,
“But you are a  cheat, we loved you and you troubled us.”
 
He  said, “That was cruel , Is it proper    for  you tell  like that,
After  enjoying    with me   in the rasa  dance , we danced?’
She retoted  “After   how much trouble , you   would ask us,
To come on a full  moon night   and and when we   come ,
After   telling  so many lies , you would simply send us back!”
 
“Oh that”  Krishna continued , “That  was just to tease  ,
As well  as test you” , “Oh “ she  shouted “You simply,
Disappeared   and  made us all  sad   and weeping”
Krishna   laughed   and laughed,”I wanted  to make ,
Your love to me strong  and remove egoism   from you.”
 
He continued “ How can I leave  you  , Am I not  always with you?”
She  then uncontrollably wept , “Oh that  is why perhaps ,
I called you a liar, You went away   to Mathura  leaving ,
Us all there  and  in that forest , we all  sat  benumbed”

He said , “Oh dear  , How can I go away , I am always with you.”

No comments: