Friday, November 25, 2016

Never this time a poem by Sri Prasoon Joshi after Mumbai attack on 26/11 , eight years back

Never   this  time  a poem by Sri Prasoon Joshi   after Mumbai attack on 26/11   , eight years back

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander



These are the words written  by Prasoon Joshi   whose heart was bleeding on  seeing the inhuman, mindless , cruel murders that took place  in Mumbai on a 26/11  some 8 years back. Being not well  versed in Hindi , I have taken the help  of  translation of  DR.Hemant Sant   , though there are many translations available in Sulekha dot com to understand these  lines. With tear filled eyes  I remember that   worst   day which showed to the world that  a Mumbaikar  is not a coward but   a great freedom fighter  who stood as  one forgetting all differences of caste , religion    and native place
Hear it sung  by Amithab Bachan, who though not born in Mumbai is a great Mubaikar.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3rZmCw_BPU

Read it in Hindi script 

I salute those Mumbaikars


Is Baar Nahin
(Not this time)

Is baar jab woh choti si bachchi mere
paas apni kharonch le kar aayegi
Main use phoo phoo kar nahin behlaoonga
Panpaney doonga uski tees ko

This time when my  little girl,
Comes to me with her bleeding scratches,
I would not   blow air and  calm her down,
I would see to it her   pain  increases to the top

Is baar nahin
Never this time

Is baar jab main chehron par dard likha dekhoonga
Nahin gaoonga geet peeda bhula dene wale
Dard ko risney doonga' utarney doonga andar gehrey 

This time when I see faces  with pain written on them,
I would not   sing a song  and  try to reduce their pain,
I would allow  the pain to increase, so that it goes deep in side them

Is baar nahin
Never this time

Is baar main na marham lagaoonga
Na hi uthaoonga ruee ke phohey
Aur na hi kahoonga ki tum aankhein band karlo,
gardan udhar kar lo main dawa lagata hoon
Dikhney doonga sabko, hum sabko khuley nangey ghaav

This Time I would not apply   ointment,
Nor would I  put a bandage with cotton,
I would never tell, “Please close your eyes”.
I will tell “Turn your head, I will apply  burning medicine”
I will show  every one  those wounds   with their naked eyes

Is baar nahin
Never this time

Is baar jab uljhaney dekhoonga, chatpatahat dekhoonga
Nahin daudoonga uljhee dor lapetney
Uljhaney doonga jab tak ulajh sake

This time when I see confusion  and  trembling of  body and mind,
I would not run away , so that I can see and  swallow  those dismembered  bodies,
I would allow them to get confused, till that time they get more confused


Is baar nahin
Never this time


Is baar karm ka hawala de kar nahin uthaoonga auzaar
Nahin karoonga phir se ek nayee shuruaat
Nahin banaoonga misaal ek karmyogi ki
Nahin aaney doonga zindagi ko aasani se patri par
Utarney doonga usey keechad main,
tedhey medhey raston pe
Nahin sookhney doonga deewaron par laga khoon
Halka nahin padneydoonga uska rang
Is baar nahin banney doonga usey itna laachaar
ki paan ki peek aur khoon ka fark hi khatm ho jaye

This time I would not blame Karma and loose    a chance,
I would   never   make another  new beginning,
I would not become a detached  actor on the pedestal,
I would not allow   a new life   with great ease,
I would allow it to   get down in the  mire of blood,
On the road   with twists   and turns  ,
I would not allow   the blood on the wall to dry,
I would never allow   that colour   to fade,
This  time I will not allow it to become this wayward,
And never allow any one    to get confused  between,
The red spit  of the chewed paan  and the blood.

Is baar nahin
Never this time

Is baar ghawon ko dekhna hai
Gaur se thoda lambe wakt tak
Kuch faisley
Aur uskey baad hausley
kahin toh shuruat karni hee hogi
Is baar yahi tay kiya hai...

This time we have to see  those wounds,
With seriousness   for a longer time  ,
Some decisions have to be taken,
And afterwards   we have to take action,
For some where   we have to begin,
And this  time  , a decision has been taken


[PRASOON JOSHI]



No comments: