Friday, March 10, 2017

I am selfish, I am not mother Theresa

I am selfish, I am not mother Theresa

In Tamil by
Meena Rajan

Translated in to English
P.R.Ramachander



(I had believed  that unless   women   are selfish   this world would not exist. They  would not have translated  themselves in another  home, bear the unbearable   pain of labour. Struggled so hard   to look after  children  etc  but for their selfishness. You can call it “sacrifice  for sake of selfishness”  and so liked   the poem of Meena Rajan.  She says  she does not want to be mother Theresa and wants the world which loves her understand her. It is interesting to know that   she is a school teacher by profession .Really  great!)

அன்பு காட்டுவதிலும்,பெறுவதிலும்
நான் ஒரு சுயநலக்காரி,சில சமயம்
அது எனக்கே எனக்கான உலகம்,
நான் அன்னை தெரசா அல்ல,
காண்போரிடம் எல்லாம் அன்பு செலுத்த,

In showing my love and  also getting  love  ,
Sometimes , I am selfish,
That is a world of mine and mine only,
I am not mother Theresa,
To love all those    whom I see.

எனக்கும் சில எதிர்பார்ப்புகள் உண்டு,
என் அன்பிற்கும்,வார்த்தைகளுக்கும்,
எண்ணங்களுக்கும்,சோகங்களுக்கும்,
சந்தோஷத்திற்கும்,புரிதல் கொண்ட,
அன்பான உள்ளத்தை நானும் எதிர்பார்ப்பேன்,

I also have some expectations,
And I  crave   for a person with  loving heart,
Who  can understand   my love, my words,
My thoughts , My sorrows and my joys.

எதையும் எதிர்பார்க்காமல் என்னால்
இருக்க முடியலையே,நானும் சராசரிப் பெண்தானே,
மிக்க அபிலாஷைகள் கொண்டவள்தானே,
என் மலர்ந்த முகச் சிரிப்பிற்குப் பதில்
முகச் சுளிப்பு வந்தால்,நான் வாடி விடுவேன்.

I am  unable to exist   without any expectations,
For am I not    yet another   average lady,
Am I not one    with very many desires,
If some shows  an intolerant face ,
To  a happy pleasing face of mine, I will fade away.

வார்த்தைகளைப் புரிந்து கொள்ள
மறுத்தால்,நான் காத தூரம் ஓடி விடுவேன்.
அன்பால் என்னைக் கட்டிப் போடலாம்,
பாசத்தால் என்னை விலைக்கு வாங்கலாம்,

If  he   refuses   to understand   my words,
I would run    several several miles,
They can tie    me with love,
They can buy  me with affection.

ஏன்,பேசக் கூட வேண்டாம்,எண்ணங்களும்,
இனிய நினைவுகளும்,போதும்,
அன்புக்குரியவரை, அருகில் இழுக்க,
பிரியமான நினைவுகள், உரியவரை,
உரிய இடத்தில் போய்ச் சேரும்.

Why , there  is no need to talk, thoughts,
And sweet memories  are  more than sufficient,
For   attracting  the one whom I love,
Loving thoughts  of the concerned person,
Would go and reach   the concerned place

எதிர்பார்ப்பும், சின்னச் சின்னச் சினுங்கல்களும்,
செல்லச் சண்டைகளும்,உரிமை மீறல்களும்,
சில சமயம், அவர்களைப் விஞ்சிப் போவதும்
ஆனந்தமே!...................பேரானந்தமே!

Expectations. Small and mini loving protests,
Loving quarrels,  going beyond  the rights they have ,
Some times   going   beyond   them  .
Is Joy   is a   great joy




No comments: