Sunday, December 4, 2016

A bride searching for a groom in modern times

A bride   searching    for a  groom  in modern times

By
P.R.Ramachander



(Lot of exaggeration    and unrealistic  , you may say  but  we are speedily  travelling  towards  this situation)

 After  lot of technical  education   , earning   great many degrees,
An employed  girl past twenty six  decided   to get married,
And   as a  nice , good and obedient   girl  , she said to her mother,
“Mummy   I have   decided    to get married and want a suitable groom”
Mummy said  ,”That news  is great , please tell  what we  should look for .”
The girl said, “ I have been thinking about   it and also searching in google.,
And   I have  made   up my mind   as to what type  of groom I want..

“I am not very particular   that  our   castes are same  or gothras are  different.
I want him very much to look like  a   present day  Bollywood  hero,
With  a  thin moustache    and a  well  groomed beard ,

I want him to be  maximum  one or two   years  older than me ,
With  one  year   better   than  two, as I think he will understand my needs better,
I definitely want him to be younger than   my elder sister’s husband,

I want him  to  be two to three  inches  taller   than  me.
I want him  to work in an MNC  and earn at least fifty thousand more than me ,
I also want    his salary  higher   than my elder  sister’s  husband.
I am very particular  that  he  should not be a businessman Or orthodox .

I want the  groom to live  in  my  own  home town,
With his   parents living as far as possible from that place.
I  want him  to have at least one brother , preferably elder,
I want him to  agree for me  to spend money , I earn  on my parents,
And the rest     to be in my name  to be spent as  per my  wishes,
I want him to  convert all   his  bank accounts ,
To  be  joint ones, the other   being me,

Though I   am slightly   short tempered,
I want him not to have any anger at all,
I  want him never   to object  me,
From going to a party  along with my friends,
And always take me to a party when he goes.
That is all  dear Mummy  for  the present .
And whenever I   go for shopping  .

He should give his card  and wait patiently”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One Hundred percent right. Add the following also. He should not object my relatives visiting 'my' house. But his relatives should not visit. He should be well versed in cooking.

CPC said...

This is true in today' s life. Expectations are many. I think it is old fashioned to talk that love is the most important thing you require in marriage.