Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What is a poem?

What is a poem?

A great poem 
By
Saanu  Puthiran

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander



(I do not know how many people have written a poem on a poem. Our Saanu puthiran  has done it .It is so great  , so moving and so clear  , That  possibly  an ignoramus  like me  should stop writing poems. If I have failed to bring out the emotions of this poet, I seek his pardon.

A great quotation on poem by   another great poet

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toe nails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that your bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. ― Dylan Thomas )

I started   thinking, “What is this poem?”
And as my thought   rotated and rotated,
Drizzles   of thoughts   fell down  fast,
And I am giving   below  all those drizzles.

Is  a poem , the stacking  of words , born from desire?
Is  a poem  the very pleasant state of news that we tell?
Is it  the proper  cooked  state  got out of rhyming  the first or second letters?
Is it the flowing sound arising  from the teeming figure of speech?
Is it the growing emotions freed from the darkness  of the mind?
Is it the   imagination  which was pushed by  the rolling  incidents?
Whatever   it may  be I am able to realize only  one thing.

It would shine in a nest and even  after it moves away ,it would shine,
The Word  Kadavul(God) came from the words  mind as well   that  which  has crossed,
WE can show  the body and show  it as “this” but can we  do it to the soul?
Yes,    are   you realizing that    poem is bit  of a soul?

Like the God who  makes himself visible ,
In the screen  of mind of devotees   who search for him,
The  pleasure of  a poem catches hold ,
Of the  inner eyes   of all those  who learn it.

Suppose  we are searching for the meaning of the   poem,
Of the inner mind, we would   be overjoyed ,
To know  that is an artistic creation  which makes you ecstatic.

I am telling you   in sentences  what has  woken up,
From all those   lines   which has ebbed  out of mind,
May be some words  are wrong, but is there not a scent?

Let your pleasant  flow of  your opinions  ,
Brighten my mind,  add  exuberance   to my feelings,
And further  increase   the clarity of  my mind along with joy,

Forever  as poems.

No comments: